How do I sign up for Mobile Deposit?
- The first step is to download the new Arkansas Best Federal Credit Union mobile app. This is available with your iPhone or iPad through the App Store, or your Android, through Google Play Market.
- Once you have downloaded the app to your mobile device, log into Mobile Banking and click on Mobile Deposit icon.
- Read and accept the agreement
Are all checks eligible to deposit via mobile device?
No, the Mobile Deposit Service Terms and Conditions document list check types which are ineligible for mobile deposit. Checks greater than $5,000 may not be deposited via mobile deposit.
Is there a fee to use the service?
No, currently, there is no charge to deposit your check via mobile device.
Can I deposit checks from my desktop computer, using my scanner?
No, remote deposits may only be deposited via a mobile device.
Will my check be immediately posted into my account at ABFCU?
Your check will be posted immediately to your account. Upon deposit, you may not receive immediate credit, however you will receive provisional credit for up to $500. Your check will be evaluated by 4:00 each weekday afternoon, and will be accepted or rejected. You will receive an email notification. If rejected, the check will be reversed from your account. If accepted, a hold may be placed on your account for the amount of the check, and you will be notified through online banking of when it will be available.
What do I do with my check once it has been accepted?
Once the check has been accepted by ABFCU for deposit, it is now invalid. Write your mobile deposit date on the check to cancel it, and keep it for 45 days, then destroy.
The app shows that my check has been rejected. Why was it rejected, and now what do I do?
Sometimes a check may be written in a format that is not exactly standard. Very flowery handwriting and slashes in the number box are issues which can cause a remote deposit image to reject. This usually happens with a handwritten check. You will need to submit this check as a paper item at our Fort Smith branch, or at one of our shared branches.
How do I know that my check has been received by ABFCU?
After you deposit your check, you will receive an email that your check has been submitted.
How do I deposit checks?
Once you are enrolled, you are ready to deposit checks. Simply log in using your user name and password. Follow instructions to Make a Deposit:
- Endorse your check “Mobile Deposit Only”
- Choose which account for your deposit
- Enter amount and date of check
- Take picture of front of check, making sure to include all four corners
- Take picture of back of check, making sure to include all four corners
- Submit image
- A message will appear on your phone screen to confirm that the image has been received.
- You will receive an email that your deposit has been submitted
Is every member eligible to be a Mobile Deposit User?
No, a set of criteria is reviewed to determine eligibility for participating as a mobile deposit user.